Aloe there! Welcome to my page of plant puns. Here are my favorite gardening wordplay jokes and other plant-based pun-iness.
- Someone has been adding soil to my garden. The plot thickens.
- Botany plants lately?
- Cleaning my cold frame is a pane in the glass.
- I’m sexy and I grow it.
- Scarecrows are always garden their patch.
- I’ve soiled myself.
- She didn’t date the gardener. He was too rough around the hedges.
- Ok, bloomer.
- I feel sorry for wheelbarrows. They’re always getting pushed around.
- My fear of roses is a thorny issue. I’m not sure what it stems from but I’m stuck with it.
- I killed a hundred weeds today! No, you only killed 98 weeds. Geez, sorry, I round-up.
- Do you have the thyme? I need to get somewhere around tree o’clock.
- Mountains aren’t just funny. They’re hill areas.
- Many gardeners suffer from hay fever. Isn’t that news a pollen?
- Garden centers are attempting to stem a fall in the sale of fresh flowers.
- I started dating the girl across the street. Honestly, lawn-distance relationships aren’t that hard.
- I saw a sign that said falling rocks. I tried and it doesn’t.
- Walking barefoot is good for the sole.
- My leaf blower doesn’t work. It just sucks!
- So fresh, and so green.
Plant Puns That Start With a Question
- What do you call an everyday potato? A commen-tator.
- How much room should you give fungi to grow? As mushroom as possible.
- How do you fix a broken tomato? With tomato paste.
- What did the grape say when it was crushed? Nothing, but it let out a little wine.
- Why do trees have so many friends? They branch out.
- What does a nosey pepper do? It gets jalapeño business.
- Why did the lettuce close its eyes? Because it saw the salad dressing.
- Why did the tomato blush? Because it saw the salad dressing.
- When does a farmer dance? When he drops the beet.
- What did the watermelon say to the cantaloupe? You’re one in a melon
- Why did the banana go to the doctor? It wasn’t peeling well.
- Why did the apricot ask a prune to dinner? Because he couldn’t find a date.
- How are you doing zucchini? I’m vine, thanks for asking.
- What do you call a bee that can’t make up its mind? A maybee.
- Why are frogs so happy? They eat whatever bugs them.
- What did one plant say to another? What’s tomata?
- How do trees get online? They just log in.
Fruit & Vegetable Puns
- Can you pick up the groceries? I haven’t botany.
- You make my heart skip a beet.
- I got arrested at the Farmers Market. I was disturbing the peas.
- I love you from my head tomatoes.
- Everyone romaine calm.
- It’s a little bit rad, but not totally rad. It’s only radish.
- Speak now or forever hold your peas.
- Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
- The raisin wined about how he couldn’t achieve grapeness.
- Don’t kale my vibe.
- If you were a fruit, you’d be a fine-apple.
- Lettuce do our best.
- Onions make me sad. A lot of people don’t realize that.
- Fennel I see you again?
- Oh my gourd, that is funny.
Herb Garden Puns
- Do you need some encourage-mint?
- It’s party thyme.
- I’m kind of a big dill.
- Thistle be the best day ever.
- Chive never met anyone quite like you.
- I hate when bay leaves.
- Chive loved you for so long.
- We’re mint to be.
- Long thyme no see.
- Good chives only.
- I’m rooting for you!
- I wet my plants.
- I’ll never leaf you.
- Support plant parenthood.
- Wood you be mine?
- You’re unbeleafable.
- Let me plant one on ya!
- I’m very frond of you.
- You grow girl!
- Pot it like it’s hot.
- Let’s take a leaf of faith.
- Plant a kiss on me.
- I’m a succa for puns.
- Aloe you vera much.
- Succulents are plant-tastic.
- Sup succa.
- Life would succ without you.
- Say aloe to my little friend.
- You’re looking sharp.
- I’m glad I pricked you.
- Hope your birthday is on point.
- Pretty fly for a cacti.
- You prickle my fancy.
- I’m ready to take it from “cacti” to “cactus.”
- I’ll never desert you.
- You’re stuck with me.
- Cactus makes perfect.
- I’m so glad we pricked each other.
- Lookin’ sharp.
- We make a prickly pear.
- Let’s stick together.
- A magic tractor drove down the road and turned into a field!
- I got a job working in a hayfield. After one day I bailed.
- Our farm is haunted by chickens. You could say that we have a poultry-geist problem.
- I had a job drilling holes for water. It was well boring.
- Why shouldn’t you tell a secret on a farm? Because the corn has ears.
- A chicken farmer’s favourite car is a coupe.
- The farmer had such a bad headache he had to retire. He was sick of his grains.
- The scarecrow get promoted. He was outstanding in his field.
- I put up an electric fence around my field last weekend. My neighbour is dead against it.
Garden Pest Puns
- I got into a fight with a snail. It was a real slug-fest.
- You know what really bugs me? Insect puns.
- You hear about the squirrel diet? It’s nuts!
- Schwarzenegger retired from TV to kill bugs. Now he’s an ex-terminator.
- Thank goodness spring is finally here! The trees are re-leaved.
- Can February March? No, but April May.
- What do you mean June is over? Julying.
- Let’s give them pumpkin’ to talk about.
- “Cut it out!” said the Jack-o-Lantern.
- My Jack-o-Lantern is wider than yours. It’s as simple as pumpkin pi.
- I’m always smiling, but inside I feel hollow.
Thank you everyone for sharing these hilarious plant jokes! When I started writing this page I thought we would collect a solid 15 plant puns on it. Now there are 105 plant puns here. Let the bad puns keeping rolling on in….
Just joking. I’m still working on figuring twitter out.
***hugs and kisses***
Come on…have a little pun!
Outgoing links in this post may be affiliate links in which this site receives a portion of sales at no extra cost.
I think we've all wondered "how does like to know it work?" at some point or another. I know I have! Here's a guide for using the LIKEtoKNOWit app, as well as how...
Do you dream of starting to grow your own produce from the comforts of home? Here are some tips to help you learn how to start a vegetable garden from scratch. Starting your own home garden is...