Looking for a handmade gift for someone who loves nature? These gifts for nature lovers are perfect for the outdoor enthusiast or gardener on your list. Best of all, these gift ideas are all handmade and available to order online from Etsy! What would your nature lover like?
We love giving handmade gifts in our household as they are often lovingly made out of natural materials. Winter can mean more time indoors, so having a little bit of the outdoors inside (or having something to inspire future outdoor days) can be wonderfully uplifting. Gardeners can start planning their gardens in January (or even in the fall) while hikers start dreaming of future trips years in advance!
Handmade Gifts for Nature Lovers
Nature lovers can be tricky to buy for. Sometimes I start looking for Christmas gifts at the March seed swaps or for summer birthday gifts at holiday markets. I do love handmade holiday markets! Last year I even attended a holiday market as a vendor instead of a shopper. It was definitely fun, but I’m more of a shopper than a maker!
It can take quite a while to find the right gift, so I’ve put together this gift guide for nature lovers to help you. This collection has been curated to include natural, organic, and recycled materials which have been crafted into items that will support the recipient in exploring their love of the outdoors. Your nature lover will appreciate these gifts, as well as how you’ve supported independent crafters!
Here’s 12 perfect gifts for nature lovers! Pin them to your wish list or secret shopping list :)
1. Picnic Blanket – This organic picnic blanket features a starry night sky. It also comes in a waterproof version (perfect for dewy morning grass or midnight star watching). It’s made in Canada by Sewn Natural and is printed with non-toxic ink. These blankets make beautiful gifts for nature lovers and stargazers alike. Find this starry picnic blanket on Etsy.
2. Bee House – This Mason Bee House is handmade in the USA using an upcycled bottle. Mason bees are native bees known for their ability to pollinate plants. Mason bees can pollinate far more plants than honeybees. They are solitary and therefore have no hive to defend (meaning they don’t need to sting you to defend it!). They use mud to build nests in small cavities like the tubes in this bee house. Find this bee house on Etsy.
3. Living Necklace – This Living Wearable Succulent Necklace has a real live tiny jade plant in it. Just water it once a month and wear it around so it can get some light. It’s a beautiful way to bring nature anywhere! Find this handmade living succulent necklace on Etsy.
4. Wooden Swing – This classic handcrafted wooden swing is perfect for enjoying the evening breeze. It can be hung in the yard or out in the woods to create a quiet meditative space or a joyful play area. This one is made in the USA by a small shop that uses reclaimed wood. Find this classic wooden swing on Etsy.
5. Harvest Basket – This handwoven garden harvest basket is perfect for collecting lettuce from the garden or wildflowers from the woods. It’s a classic old-fashioned gathering basket, handmade with natural reed in the USA. Find this harvest basket on Etsy.
6. Air Plant Terrarium Kit – This air plant terrarium kit is a lovely present for a DIY’er or home decor enthusiast. This modern hanging terrarium is a beautiful addition to an indoor garden. Air plants are fascinating specimen plants which don’t require soil to live. Find this air plant terrarium kit on Etsy.
7. Walk in the Woods Essential Oil Gift Set – This Walk in the Woods Essential Oil Gift Set includes 3 handmade oils. Lutska oils are handcrafted in British Columbia, Canada. The shop offers a flat shipping rate across North America. Find the Walk in the Woods set on Etsy.
8. Green Grass Earrings – These faux grass earrings make a whimsical gift for a nature lover. They’re made with synthetic grass and have an option for hypoallergenic studs. These are perfect for the quirky plant lover in your life! Find these faux grass earrings on Etsy.
9. Bird Seed Cake with Organic Suet – These bird seed cakes made with organic suet are perfect gifts for nature lovers who aren’t into having too much stuff (or who have everything!). These cakes will attract birds to the garden early in the season, coaxing them to set up shop eating the pest insects in the garden over the summer. Your recipient will not only benefit from the birdwatching but also from the decreased garden pests as a result of a happy bird population! Find these handmade bird seed cakes on Etsy.
10. Stacking Wooden Rainbow – This stacking wooden rainbow toy is a lovely gift for a little one. It’s made of real maple, cherry, and walnut wood. This adorable rainbow is a natural toy that will teach them about different trees while also reminding them to look for rainbows. Find this stacking wooden rainbow on Etsy.
11. Pollinator Garden Seeds – These organic pollinator garden seeds make great gifts for nature lovers who want to attract beneficial critters to their gardens. These seeds can be planted in a formal garden or scattered somewhere unexpected like a fence line. Their yard will be full of bees and butterflies! Find these organic pollinator garden seeds on Etsy.
12. Marimo Moss Sphere – This living marimo moss ball in an aquarium is a beautiful present for someone who wants to bring more nature into their life. Marimos are kept as pets. It’s the perfect “pet” for someone who is allergic to animals or is often away. Find this living marimo aquarium on Etsy.
Gifts for Nature Lovers
Looking for more gifts for nature lovers? Check these out:
- 20 Gifts for Organic Gardeners Under $20
- The Ultimate Gardening Gift Guide
- Magical Gifts for Plant-Loving Witches
Saving this post for later (or sending it as a hint!)? Pin it!