These mini wreath tree ornaments made from wooden beads are a quick, easy Christmas DIY project to make your own Christmas ornaments. Simple wooden beaded wreaths look lovely on the tree or hanging in a window with some fairy lights. Keep reading to make a DIY ornament wreath!
Where to buy mini wooden beads for a DIY ornament wreath?
The hardest part of this craft is finding wooden beads that you like for your ornament wreaths. I couldn’t find the right ones at the dollar store. Here are some different stores that stock natural wood round beads to choose from for your ornament wreath to stand out.
- Dollar Tree
Just thread the beads onto the wire, bending the wire into a circle. Trim the extra wire and push the ends into one bead to hide them. Then tie a ribbon loop between two beads. Easy peasy! Detailed instructions are below.
Supplies: Birch bead wreath ornaments
- Birch Wood Beads (I used 14 mm diameter beads, 0.55 inch)
- Floral Wire, 22 or 24 gauge (silver blends in, copper stands out)
- Multitool, or wire cutters and needlenose pliers (I LOVE my Leatherman!!)
- Ruler (optional)
Steps: How to make mini birch bead wreath Christmas ornaments
- Cut a piece of floral wire about 30 cm (1 foot) long.
- Thread the 9 beads onto the middle of the piece of wire.
- Bend the wire so that the beads form a circle in the middle of the wire.
- Use the pliers to twist the ends of the wire together to affix the beads in a circle. The beads should be fairly tightly packed, but leave a bit of space in the loop to fit the ribbon in.
- Cut off the extra wire ends. Leave a 1 cm length of twisted wire attached to the loop to keep the circle fastened.
- Use the pliers to push the twisted ends of the wire into a wooden bead to hide the connection.
- Tie some ribbon around the loop, threading it between any two beads in the wreath ornament.
Here’s a tutorial video I made for how I put these mini wooden bead wreath ornaments together for your ornament wreath:
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel for more DIY Christmas Ornament tutorials :)
These wreath ornaments are a lovely little craft to do in the days leading up to Christmas. A friend of mine made a variation of this craft with her kids using pipe cleaners instead of floral wire (much easier to work with!). However you decide to make these wreath ornaments, they’ll make a lovely addition to your holiday decor.