These popsicle stick sled ornaments are adorable! Here’s how to make your own tiny wooden sleigh ornaments using popsicle sticks and glue. They’re easier than they look!
Supplies for Popsicle Stick Sled Ornaments
Here are the supplies you’ll need for these popsicle stick sled ornaments:
- Popsicle sticks
- Tacky glue (or hot glue)
- Paint & decorating accessories
Get your materials together before starting this Christmas craft project!
How to Make Popsicle Stick Sled Ornaments
Here are the steps for making popsicle stick sled ornaments:
- Cut a few popsicle sticks in half to create the cross-pieces. I took the time to make the ends somewhat symmetrical, but this isn’t necessary.
- Line up five whole popsicle sticks to create the deck of the sled. I arranged mine so that the middle one was slightly more forward than the ones beside it, forming a bit of an arrow with the five popsicle sticks.
- Apply glue to one of the half-length cross pieces. Affix it across the five base sticks near the front. This will start to hold the shape together.
- Let the glue dry a bit. This is a good time to make more bases if you’re making multiples of this ornament.
- Turn the sled base over and glue on another cross piece. This back-side cross-piece can go right behind the first cross piece, just on the other side of the sled base.
- Apply glue to the skinny side of a new popsicle stick. Affix it between the first two popsicle stick sled base pieces to create a “rail”.
- Attach another rail ski piece on the other side of the sled.
- Let these back pieces dry.
- Use more glue to attach ribbon or string to create a loop from which to hang the ornament. There should be a nice little space on each side of the toboggan between the two cross-pieces at the front of the sled. This void can be a good spot to attach the hanging loop.
- Let the loop dry.
- Decorate the popsicle stick sled. Or not. I just left mine plain. Whatever you like!
That’s how to make a DIY popsicle stick sled ornament for the Christmas tree. These ornaments are super cute and can last for years when stored carefully.
Outgoing links in this post may be affiliate links in which this site receives a portion of sales at no extra cost.