Disclosure: This article may contain affiliate links, meaning we may earn a small commission if readers purchase products through these links. As an Amazon Associate, we earn commission from qualifying purchases.
These mini wreath tree ornaments made from wooden beads are a quick, easy Christmas DIY project to make your own Christmas ornaments. Simple wooden beaded wreaths look lovely on the tree or hanging in a window with some fairy lights. Keep reading to make a DIY ornament wreath!
Where to buy mini wooden beads for a DIY ornament wreath?
The hardest part of this craft is finding wooden beads that you like for your ornament wreaths. I couldn’t find the right ones at the dollar store. Here are some different stores that stock natural wood round beads to choose from for your ornament wreath to stand out.
- Dollar Tree
Just thread the beads onto the wire, bending the wire into a circle. Trim the extra wire and push the ends into one bead to hide them. Then tie a ribbon loop between two beads. Easy peasy! Detailed instructions are below.
Supplies: Birch bead wreath ornaments
- Birch Wood Beads (I used 14 mm diameter beads, 0.55 inch)
- Floral Wire, 22 or 24 gauge (silver blends in, copper stands out)
- Multitool, or wire cutters and needlenose pliers (I LOVE my Leatherman!!)
- Ruler (optional)
Steps: How to make mini birch bead wreath Christmas ornaments?
- Cut a piece of floral wire about 30 cm (1 foot) long.
- Thread the 9 beads onto the middle of the piece of wire.
- Bend the wire so that the beads form a circle in the middle of the wire.
- Use the pliers to twist the ends of the wire together to affix the beads in a circle. The beads should be fairly tightly packed, but leave a bit of space in the loop to fit the ribbon in.
- Cut off the extra wire ends. Leave a 1 cm length of twisted wire attached to the loop to keep the circle fastened.
- Use the pliers to push the twisted ends of the wire into a wooden bead to hide the connection.
- Tie some ribbon around the loop, threading it between any two beads in the wreath ornament.
Here’s a tutorial video I made for how I put these mini wooden bead wreath ornaments together for your ornament wreath:
Please subscribe to my Youtube channel for more DIY Christmas Ornament tutorials :)
These wreath ornaments are a lovely little craft to do in the days leading up to Christmas. A friend of mine made a variation of this craft with her kids using pipe cleaners instead of floral wire (much easier to work with!). However you decide to make these wreath ornaments, they’ll make a lovely addition to your holiday decor.
FAQs about this craft
Where can you buy mini wooden beads for a DIY ornament wreath
Some dollar stores have them, or you can shop at Micheals, Amazon, or Dollar Tree. You can also order them online.
What do you need to make mini bead wreath ornaments?
You will need birch wood beads (about 9 per ornament), floral wire, wire cutters, needlenose pliers, ribbon, and a ruler.
More Christmas ideas
Still feeling crafty? Here are some other articles you may enjoy:
- Pinecone Garland: A Simple Christmas Decoration
- How to make a felt pom pom garland
- Twig Ornaments: 20+ Rustic DIY Holiday Decor Ideas To Make With Twigs
- 10 wooden Christmas ornaments for a classic holiday tree
- Easy DIY Natural Christmas Decorations: A Round-Up of Favourites
- Get my free garden planner here!
- Want garden tips, updates, and freebies? Sign up for my newsletter
- Visit my shop
- Watch my DIY Christmas decor playlist here!
Let’s celebrate Christmas!
Christmas crafts, activities, plants, herbs, decor, tree ornaments, and more tips to celebrate the festive holiday season!