Carhartt work pants are a must for working outdoors. Whether you need hard-working canvas work pants to keep cool in the summer or heavy-duty insulated bib overalls for the winter, it’s worth it to find right pair for the job. Make your workday more effective with the right Carhartt work pants for worksite conditions.
The Best Carhartt Work Pants
Carhartt (Carhartt.com) is known for making rugged workwear for hard-working people. Quality utility pants are key to having a successful day on the worksite. Each type of Carhartts has an ideal worksite situation, but there are definitely some favorites!
Here’s some of the most popular Carhartt work pants:
Men’s Carhartt Work Pants
- Carhartt Canvas Work Pants – everyday utility pants
- Flannel-Lined Canvas Work Pants – warmer in the shoulder seasons
- Canvas Bib Overalls – the only pair you’ll need
- Quilt-Lined Bib Overalls – perfect for the coldest days
- Quilt-Lined Biberalls – winter coverall-style overalls
Find these Carhartt Mens Pants directly from the manufacturer for the best selection of sizes and different styles.
Women’s Carhartt Work Pants
- Canvas Work Pants – everyday utility pants
- Stretchy Utility Leggings – where have you been all my life!?
- Fleece-Lined Canvas Work Pants – so cozy for the spring & fall
- Canvas Overalls – perfect for field work like gardening and welding
- Quilt-Lined Bib Overalls – nice to have when it’s freezing out (even for walking the dog)
Find these Carhartt Womens Pants directly from the manufacturer for the most selection.
Carhartt Sizing & Fit
Carhartt work pants come in a wide range of sizes. When ordering from Carhartt.com directly, make a point of scrolling down to the reviews below each product. The site shows whether previous buyers thought the work pants ran large or small in size (see example below).
Carhartt has a lot of different “fit” types for different body shapes and activities.
Men’s Carhartt Work Pant Fit Options
- Straight/Traditional – Slim seat and thigh (leanest fit)
- Relaxed – Relaxed seat and thigh (average fit)
- Loose/Original – Full seat and thigh (most room to move)
Carhartt also offers Big & Tall sizing with longer pant leg inseams.
In general, if your measurements fall between sizes, buy the larger size. Check the sizing comments on Carhartt.com before ordering.
Although some women find the men’s fit perfect for their body, others prefer to buy Womens Carhartt. Fit is different in the women’s line of Carhartt work pants.
Womens Carhartt has a curvier fit than the men’s line. They also have leggings! The key detail of the women’s fit is the contoured waistband that prevents gapping in back. A belt can only do so much to fix that!
Women’s Carhartt Work Pant Fit Options
- Slim Fit/Modern – Fitted through the hips and thigh, low rise sits below the waist (leanest fit)
- Original – Slightly fitted through the hips and thigh; mid rise sits just below the waist (average fit)
- Relaxed – Relaxed through hips and thigh; mid rise sits just below the waist (most room to move)
As with the men’s pants, if your measurements fall between sizes, buy the larger size. Check the sizing comments on Carhartt.com before ordering. I’ve found the review comments to be very helpful when selecting a size. Not all women’s workwear is horribly oversized and ill-fitting!
More Carhartt Pants
Looking for more options? Most Carhartt work pants fit into one of these categories:
- Carhartt Work Pants
- Carhartt Bib Overalls
- Carhartt Jeans
Check out all Carhartt work pants at Carhartt.com: Carhartt.com
Hint: Carhartt also makes overalls for babies & toddlers! The tiny Carhartts make very cute gifts.
Outgoing links in this post may be affiliate links in which this site receives a portion of sales at no extra cost.