Are you looking for some magical gift ideas for your own wish list? Share this guide with your besties using the share buttons at the top of this post!
Do you have a plant-lover on your list who likes things a little witchy? Here are some of my favourite magical gifts for those who love mama nature!
1. Copper Watering Can – A well-made indoor watering can is a must for those who love to surround themselves with nature, even indoors. Copper is an excellent conductor of energy and is thought to be sacred to many of the love goddesses. It’s also said that copper kept in the kitchen can attract wealth. That makes this watering can perfect for an abundant indoor herb garden! Haws is the gold standard brand in watering cans. This one would make the perfect gift for the person who has everything. Find this lovely copper watering can on Amazon or at Williams-Sonoma.
2. Guide to Medicinal Herbs – Rosemary Gladstar’s incredibly popular book Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide: 33 Healing Herbs to Know, Grow, and Use is routinely at the top of the list for most popular herb books. This guide is perfect for beginners who would like to start growing and using their own herbs. She gives easy-to-follow details for 33 common healing plants, including advice on growing, harvesting, preparing, and using herbs in healing tinctures, oils, and creams. Find Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide on Amazon.
3. Online Herbalist Course – Herbal Academy Courses are the perfect instant gift to deepen knowledge and connection with the plant world. The academy offers programs at any experience level, including Introductory, Intermediate, and Advanced Herbal Courses, as well as specialized courses such as herbal entrepreneurship and fermentation. They’ve also got a great little online shop full of herbal gifts. The shop offers course gift certificates in the dollar amount of each online course. Check out their herbalist online courses for a thoughtful (and instant) gift.
4. Glass Cloche or Bell Jar Terrarium – Glass cloches are magical little glass domes that were originally used in the garden to protect tender plants from frost. They also can be used indoors to display treasures (like the rose in Beauty and the Beast). During the holidays I put a base of foraged moss in my cloche and display seasonal decorations inside it. During the rest of the year I fill it with twinkle lights. It’s the perfect magical gift for those who want to warm up their home, enrich an altar, or highlight meaningful pieces. Plain cloches are available on Amazon, while monogrammed cloches can be found at Neiman Marcus.
5. Foraging Field Guide – Foraging field guides are perfect for identifying local plants and learning how they can be used. This guide is particularly beautiful and makes a wonderful gift. It’s not limited to any geographical area (perfect for nomadic witches) and also features recipes with foraged ingredients. Find this foraging guide on Amazon.
6. Herb Drying Ring – Herb drying rings are lovely witchy accessories that make drying your herbs both easy and beautiful. Your budding herbalist will love hanging freshly-harvested herbs and flowers from this simple hanging rack. The circular drying rings are more of an heirloom than the mesh racks generally found in kitchen stores (it’ll be a nice upgrade!). Find herb drying rings on Amazon or order from Williams-Sonoma.
7. Edible Flower Seed Starter Kit – An edible flower garden is a beautiful way to bring more plants into the home and kitchen. This kit will get your gardener started growing culinary flowers to add to salads, soups, and teas. Find this edible flower kit on Amazon or order edible flower seeds from Botanical Interests.
8. Moon Cycle Gardening Calendar – A moon cycle gardening calendar will help your favourite witch align her garden with the lunar phases. She’ll be able to match up planting, cultivating, harvesting, and other gardening activities with the optimal time in the moon’s cycle. Options include a simple sheet calendar which can be used year after year, a specialized annual guide for the upcoming year, and even an advanced guide to biodynamic gardening so she can create her own moon cycle gardening calendar. Check out this article to learn more about gardening by the moon.
9. Mortar and Pestle – A mortar and pestle set is key when preparing your homegrown herbs. Use it to grind up fennel seeds for tea or to prepare dried culinary herbs. They’re also just lovely magical gifts to look at! Find this well-priced and well-rated marble mortar and pestle on Amazon, or check out this grey granite mortar and pestle at Macy’s.
10. Indoor Plant Mister – Plant misters are used to mist indoor plants such as air plants, succulents, and orchids to allow them to absorb moisture. Many people just have spray bottles, but a proper metal plant mister can be a very thoughtful upgrade. Some people also leave full plant misters out on a full moon to charge up with moon-vibes and then use that water to feed their plants. Very magical indeed! Find this brass plant mister on Amazon or this glass mister at Urban Outfitters.
11. Tree Ent – This Ent tree art is designed to blend into the bark of a real tree to add a bit of magic to the backyard. It’s made of hand-painted crushed stone. If your witch is into garden art, or just loves all things Hobbit, this might be the perfectly thoughtful magical gift to transform a corner of their yard. Find it on Amazon.
12. Garden Witch’s Herbal – Garden Witch’s Herbal is a very well-received guide based on the idea that “every witch needs a little corner of the world to tend”. Magic author Ellen Dugan helps the reader deepen connection with Earth and the plant kingdom by providing physical descriptions, folklore, and hands-on instructions. Find Garden Witch’s Herbal on Amazon.
13. Olivewood Salt Pinch Bowl (Salt Cellar) – Salt pinch bowls are used to hold a small amount of salt. Some witchy folk keep pinch bowls of salt on their altars to represent the element Earth. Pure salt is also said to absorb energy. Small pinch bowls of salt can be kept with home cleaning supplies or beside the bath to help cleanse negative energy. Find this olivewood pinch bowl on Amazon or check out this marble salt cellar from Williams-Sonoma.14. Fairy Garden Kit – Fairy gardens are adorable mini gardens built for the fairies. This kit of mini figurines will help get the fairy garden started (a terrarium kit would also be useful). This fairy garden kit can be ordered from Amazon and would make a lovely magical gift.
15. Magical Herb Gardener’s Handbook – Bud, Blossom & Leaf: The Magical Herb Gardener’s Handbook includes spells, rituals, and recipes for magical gardening. It describes magical garden design, instructions for using herbs, and tips for connecting with the elements. Find the Magical Herb Gardener’s Handbook on Amazon.
16. Crystal Ball Suncatcher – This crystal ball suncatcher will brighten up the garden while bringing a hint of magic to the backyard. Garden plants will look lovely as they refract through the glass. Find it on Amazon.
17. Healing Crystal Air Plants – This clever kit combines healing crystals with air plants. It’s the perfect gift for someone who loves DIY projects. The finished crystal air plant holders look lovely on the windowsill, catching rays, or on an altar. Find this air plant crystal kit on Amazon.
Looking for more magical gift ideas? Check out the full list of witchy gifts ideas here.